The State Finance Minister Prakash Pant exhorted members of the business fraternity to communicate in writing, any problems they are facing regarding the Goods and Service Tax (GST). The government will make all efforts to resolve the issues, he said. The minister was speaking at a seminar organised on GST at the Kumaon Garhwal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KGCCI) hall in Kashipur on Wednesday.
Pant said that considering the commercial activities in the state, the government is attempting to end ‘inspector raj’ between industry/business and the government. As aware citizens, the businessmen should also ensure that they pay their tax honestly on time so that they do not face any type of problem from the department. Departmental officials are always available for resolving any type of problem related to GST, he assured.
The KGCCI chairman Ashok Bansal said that after implementation of GST system, the industries in the state are not receiving the benefit of central excise any more.
Under this, the Centre is compensating for 58 per cent of the share but the industries are bearing the remaining 42 per cent. Considering this, the State Government should return 42 per cent of the CGST to the industries, he said.
The Kashipur MLA Harbhajan Singh Chima, Kashipur mayor Usha Chowdhary, other public representatives, departmental officials and members of the industrial fraternity were also present.
Thursday, 31 January 2019 | PNS | Kashipur
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019