Friday, 16 February 2018 | PNS | PAURI-
While inaugurating Khelo India at Kandoliya Ground in Pauri on Thursday, the State Higher Education Minister Dhan Singh Rawat said that football being popular with the youngsters in Pauri for decades, there is a great potential for the State to excel in this particular sports. “Eminence of Pauri which brought glory to the State in the past is now on the downward curve. We must reverse things and put Pauri again on the tracks,” the Minister said. He also lauded the efforts made by former municipal council president Ganesh Negi for conducting the Khelo India football tournament.
Rawat said that the State Government striving to make things transparent, the officers must function honestly. “We would not spare anybody found involved in corruption, no matter how big the officer is,” he said. He further announced that a museum to be named after Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali would come up shortly on the old jail building in Pauri. “The State Government has given loan with 2 percent interest to about 1,87,000 farmers across the state. We are also working hard to ensure that the income of the farmers doubles by 2022. In Pauri district, 2000 farmers would be provided with the loan by March 31 while loan would be given to the widows at the interest rate of just 1 percent, the minister said.
Rawat further said that five- day National Book Fair would be held in Srinagar from February 24. While the Vidhan Sabha Speaker would visit the fair on February 25 the Governor would do the same on February 28, he informed.
You might also like
- Payal Ghosh on why she named Huma Qureshi, Mahie Gill in MeToo charge against Anurag Kashyap September 23, 2020
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020