The State Meteorological Centre has issued an alert of heavy snowfall and rainfall in which it said that some isolated places of the state, particularly in Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag, Bageshwar, and Pithoragarh districts, are likely to receive rain and snow on January 5 and 6. Hailstorm is also likely to lash some places, especially in Dehradun, Tehri, Pauri, Haridwar, Nainital, Champawat and Udham Singh Nagar districts, during the next 36 hours starting from the evening of January 5. For Dehradun, the maximum and minimum temperatures on Saturday are likely to be 19 degree Celsius and 8 degree Celsius respectively.
The weather would remain partly to generally cloudy also on January 7 and 8, the Met centre said. Very light rain and snowfall is likely to occur at a few places like Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Pithoragarh districts on these two days. Mist is likely to form in Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar districts on these days.
The maximum and minimum temperature recorded in various places of the state on Friday was 20.6 degree Celsius and 4.6 degree Celsius in Dehradun, 17.3 degree Celsius and 1.5 degree Celsius in Pantnagar, 12.7 degree Celsius and 0.8 degree Celsius in Mukteshwar and 12 degree Celsius and 1.6 degree Celsius in New Tehri respectively.
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019