Taking cognisance of few lapses in the night patrolling and picket checking during the late night inspection on Sunday, a review meeting was chaired by the Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi with all officers concerned on Monday.
As per the directions given by Dehradun SSP in the meeting, Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) has also been deployed at the18 places that have been marked inside the city for pickets and barrier duties. In addition to the already stationed civil police, one company and one platoon of PAC force will be deployed to check all outgoing and incoming vehicles at the identified checkpoints.
SSP Joshi has also directed that if any person is found wandering late night without proper credentials, they will be brought to the closest police station and will only be permitted to leave after being verified. He also said that to ensure the alertness of all police personnel on night duty, the police station in-charge concerned will be responsible.
Tuesday, 19 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Petitioner objects to planned Bill on exemptions to Ex-CMs November 19, 2019
- SSP reviews night patrolling in Doon November 19, 2019
- Traffic violations: About 2.5cr deposited as compounding fees in Oct November 19, 2019
- SSP adamant on action against autos operating sans meters from Dec 1 November 19, 2019
- Function held to mark Nainital’s 178th birthday November 19, 2019