The Haridwar senior superintendent of police Senthil Avoodai K Raj S has given a seven-day ultimatum to police stations in-charge for catching the culprits guilty of recent incidents of chain snatching.
A few days ago, there had been three incidents of chain snatching in Jwalapur and Kankhal in the duration of 45 minutes. The same has been happened earlier in the SIIDCUL area as well.
Taking cognisance of these crimes, the SSP has directed the in-charge of Ranipur, Jwalapur, SIIDCUL and Kankhal police stations to speed up investigation and apprehend the chain snatchers. “Action will be taken against the police station in-charge if he fails to catch the chain snatchers,” said the SSP.
It is pertinent to mention here that the police teams are working to meet the deadline. However, it remains to be seen whether they will be able to apprehend the culprits within the given time frame.
Wednesday, 06 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Brothers of PCS officer allegedly thrash neighbours November 12, 2019
- District police plan to initiate technologically advanced team November 12, 2019
- Two dead, one injured in road accident November 12, 2019
- Return of maryada November 11, 2019
- Guv invites Sena as BJP says no November 11, 2019