SSP adamant on action against autos operating sans meters from Dec 1
Despite the protest of auto rickshaw unions against the proposed actions of district police department, Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi said that action will be taken against the drivers of those auto rickshaws which are operating without meters. The police will initiate such actions from December 1.
SSP Joshi said that they will be taking all actions as per the law, but if the commercial public transport vehicles are overcharging then as the enforcement force it is the responsibility of the police to ensure such issues are addressed. It is pertinent to mention here that auto union representatives have given warning that if they are forced by the police department then they will submit their permit.
Tuesday, 19 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SSP reviews night patrolling in Doon November 19, 2019
- Traffic violations: About 2.5cr deposited as compounding fees in Oct November 19, 2019
- SSP adamant on action against autos operating sans meters from Dec 1 November 19, 2019
- Function held to mark Nainital’s 178th birthday November 19, 2019
- Research important policy formulation: AICA prez November 19, 2019