The Deputy Commandant of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Ashok Kumar has still not been found 24 hours after the jeep he was in met with an accident. According to the information provided by the police he was going from Srinagar to Didihat when his Gypsy fell into the Pindar river in Chamoli district. According to sources, the deputy commandant is presumably dead as the river is presently in full flow. Teams of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and SSB from Didihat are collectively searching for him.
Chamoli Superintendent of Police (SP) Yashwant Singh Chauhan said, “The search for the Deputy Commandant is still ongoing. The flow of the river is heightened due to the monsoon here.”
SP, Commandant of SDRF Tripti Bhatt said, “Our specialist team has reached the spot from Rishikesh with all the necessary equipment. The search is ongoing.”
According to the sources, for the 32 year old Deputy Commandant nearly 500 personnel are searching as of now, however the river current is making the search for him harder.
Thursday, 11 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SSB Deputy Commandant still missing after mishap July 11, 2019
- SWC chief writes to CS on Complaints Committee July 11, 2019
- Four arrested, victim rescued in abduction case July 11, 2019
- Neetu Valmiki of BJP wins re-election with 1641 votes July 11, 2019
- From Doon School to Jnanpith Award: Amitav Ghosh’s amazing journey July 11, 2019