The Vasantotsav-Spring Festival 2019 will be held at Raj Bhawan on Saturday and Sunday. Addressing the media here on Friday, the Governor Baby Rani Maurya said that since its beginning in 2003, the floral exhibition and competition had now developed into a fest with cultural and economic aspects too. It not only reflects the floriculture potential of the state but has also become a part of Dehradun’s identity, she said.
The Governor said that the spring festival is also an attempt at bringing prosperity in the lives of farmers, especially in the mountainous regions of the state. In addition to the floral exhibition and competition, an art competition for children and cultural programmes will also be held on the occasion, said Maurya.
Horticulture secretary D Senthil Pandiyan said that the main aim of the spring festival is to boost floriculture. There are nine main categories and 50 sub categories in the exhibition with about 150 awards.
The event will also be polythene-free. About two lakh people are expected to visit Raj Bhawan which will be open for all during the two days of the spring festival. Governor’s secretary RK Sudhanshu was also present on the occasion.
Saturday, 09 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019