The three- day sports festival started at Shantikunj on Tuesday with oath being administered by the head of Gayatri Parivar Pranav Pandya. It is the fourth sports festival in continuation, said Pandya.
Speaking on the occasion, Pandya said, “This festival will bring joy in life with the spirit of Vasantotsav (spring fest) lingering in the air.” He further said that life too is a sport and one must live it with the sportsman spirit.
In the tug of war, the, team led by Pandya won while in the volleyball match, the middle- aged residents of Shantikunj showcased their talent. Many senior citizens, associated with Shantikunj for the past few decades, were also seen enjoying the fest.
According to the organising committee members, the players of the first group were under 35 years while the second group consists of those aged above 35. During the three-day fest, several events, including kabaddi, kho-kho, tug of war, volley ball, long jump and discus throw, are being played out.
Wednesday, 06 February 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- GDMC doctors flay orders, prescribe branded medicines from outside April 21, 2019
- Child swapping case: DNA report confirms hosp stand April 21, 2019
- Issue of fake documents of Karnwal serious: Congress April 21, 2019
- MAD organises two-day Youth Parliament April 21, 2019
- Election effect: results of U’khand board to delay April 21, 2019