As part of its electoral alliance finalised with Bahujan Samaj Party earlier, the Samajwadi Party was to field its candidate from Garhwal while the BSP was to field its candidates from the remaining four constituencies. However, now the Samajwadi Party has decided that it will not field its candidate from the Garhwal constituency.
The SP state coordinator and former State president Satyanarayan Sachan said, “After consultations with senior leaders in the state, we have decided that we will not field our candidate from Garhwal constituency. Our party workers will mobilise the voters to cast their votes against the BJP. We have entered an alliance with the BSP and will give our full support to them.”
Adding further in this he said, “As Garhwal is one of the prominent seats, we have decided to focus our efforts on ensuring that the BJP candidate is rejected by the voters. We have reached this decision after a detailed discussion among the party leaders. ”
It is pertinent to mention that SP had shortlisted the names of some contenders for its ticket from the Garhwal constituency. However, the party decided at the last moment to desist from contesting the parliamentary election in Uttarakhand.
Monday, 25 March 2019 |PNS| Dehradun
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019