In a relief to the prisoners, the State Government has given order to all the jail superintendents to install water geysers outside the women barracks at the earliest. It is learnt that as per the Government order, the inmates of the jails located across the State would get solar-powered geysers installed outside the women barracks by the end of this year. It is further learnt that the male prisoners too would have access to the geysers to be installed. The geysers to be installed would be of the capacity of 1000 litre.
The State Government sources said that the order has been issued following some cases of the women prisoners catching chill and fever after bathing in the ice-cold water stored in the water tanks. “All the jails based in Dehradun, Pauri, Nainital, Almora, Sitarganj, Chamoli, Haridwar, Haldwani and Tehri which houses nearly 4500 men and 250 women inmates would have some respite in the wintry days after the order is executed,” said a senior State Government officer.
IG prisons P V K Prasad too confirmed the order and said that even the male prisoners would be able to avail geysers once they are installed.
Tuesday, 08 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar–
You might also like
- Dept seizes truck smuggling wood March 26, 2019
- Ambrish stresses on local pick to represent Haridwar in LS March 26, 2019
- Nishank confident of BJP’s return to power March 26, 2019
- company to unplug dialysis machines March 26, 2019
- Jhanda fair and nomination rallies trigger traffic jams on roads in Doon March 26, 2019