Carrying forward Uttarakhand’s tradition of serving in the armed forces of the country, Smita Devrani has become the first woman in the state to reach to the coveted position of Major General in Indian Army. She was serving as a Brigadier in the Indian Army. Incidentally her sister is also a Brigadier in the Army.
Born in Dundekh village of Yamkeshwar of Pauri district, Devrani has risen within the ranks of the Army to become Major General. Expressing happiness, the Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has congratulated Smita Devrani for being promoted on the rank of Major General. In his message, CM has said that her unique feat is a proud achievement for Uttarakhand and she has added to the honour of women of the state.
Monday, 04 May 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Smita Devrani becomes first lady Maj Gen from U’khand May 4, 2020
- J&K operation: One soldier from U’khand martyred May 4, 2020
- Tips for becoming a successful online student May 4, 2020
- Schools forcing to buy additional books, allege parents May 4, 2020
- Public transport prohibited in plains of all districts May 4, 2020