At least six persons have died in the destruction caused by heavy rain/cloudburst in three villages of Chamoli district on Monday morning. Four homes were destroyed, five damaged and 46 domesticated animals including cattle and goats were also killed in these villages. The human fatalities were caused due to homes collapsing following heavy rain in the Ghat Tehsil of Chamoli district. A mother and her daughter were buried in the debris of their collapsed home in Banjbagad village, while in Lakhi village two eight year old sisters died along with a 24 year old man. In Aali village a 21 year old woman died after being buried in debris of a home.
Apart from the human casualties, a number of roads in the state have been blocked due to landslides and inclement weather. The chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has expressed grief at the deaths and directed officials to ensure swift rescue and relief efforts.
Tuesday, 13 August 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Six dead in Chamoli following heavy rains August 13, 2019
- Heavy rains cause six deaths in Chamoli August 13, 2019
- Water level rises in Doon’s rivers, police warn riverside dwellers August 13, 2019
- Disaster management fails in U’khand, alleges Congress August 13, 2019
- Dengue cases climb to 350 in Doon August 13, 2019