No more plastic water bottles in meetings
Governor Baby Rani Maurya paid floral tribute on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti and Shastri Jayanti at Raj Bhawan on Wednesday. Maurya also felicitated the freedom fighter Bharat Bhushan on the occasion. Later, she participated in a cleaniness drive with the officers and personnel of Raj Bhawan complex.
On the occasion, the governor directed that the Raj Bhawan complex and secretariat be made free of single use plastic. She also directed that plastic water bottles be banned from the meetings and programmes of Raj Bhawan. She asked her secretary Ramesh Kumar Sudhanshu to make sure that these instructions are implemented in letter and spirit. Sudhanshu said that paper cups, water dispenser, bottles of copper and steel should be promoted. The governor said that Raj Bhawan would take every kind of green step to conserve the environment and facilitate a pollution free environment.
Maurya also appealed the people of the State to give up the use of single use plastic completely. She said that cotton, jute bags and other eco friendly materials should be used in place of polythene. This will also help the local cottage industries.
Thursday, 03 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- (no title) November 14, 2019
- Governor’s decision unconstitutional November 14, 2019
- Trouble in Jharkhand November 14, 2019
- Deepika shares Ranveer’s photo November 14, 2019
- There is absolutely no contract among practitioners on who should produce the directions, although some psychologists recommend an organization that is professional including the United states Psychological Assn., might be best matched to complete the task. November 14, 2019