A few months ago two men were arrested by the Haridwar police while busting a sex racket at a hotel in Roorkee. A 14 year old girl was rescued in the operation. But it is a matter of concern that the rescued minor has alleged that a sub inspector used to come to her and physically harass her. The police are probing this allegations levelled by the teenager.
As per the information provided by official sources, the accused officer Kuldeep Kandpal was asked to present himself before the senior superintendent of police Janmejay Khanduri. No action has been taken yet, allege the victim’s relatives.
According to the victim, the sub inspector used to come often to the hotel and when she opposed, her complaint was made to the hotel manager. While the SSP said that strict action would be taken once the investigation is complete, questions are being raised about the delay in necessary action in a case which is more serious that routine crime cases.
Saturday, 19 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019