Shopkeepers ordered to stop sale & use of plastic cans
The Kumbh Mela officer Deepak Rawat has directed vendors along the Ganga in Haridwar to stop selling and using plastic cans used to carry water of the holy river. While issuing a deadline of 15 days to stop the use of plastic cans in the area altogether, he also directed confiscation of all the plastic cans he came across during his inspection of the area on Wednesday.
Ahead of the Kumbh Mela to be held in Haridwar during 2021, the State government is focusing on various aspects. One of these is to keep the city clean and activities environment-friendly also to ensure maintenance of the cleanliness of the Ganga. While conducting an inspection here, the Kumbh Mela officer warned the shopkeepers and directed that strict action would be taken if they are still found selling plastic cans after 15 days. The municipal corporation of Haridwar commissioner has also been instructed to take necessary actions regarding this.
Thursday, 21 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- HC serves notice, seeks reply in 4 weeks on encroachments in Doon November 21, 2019
- Bring left out families under PMAY-G- Dhan Singh November 21, 2019
- Shopkeepers ordered to stop sale & use of plastic cans November 21, 2019
- BJP & Cong look forward to breaking trend in Roorkee poll November 21, 2019
- Govt disposing off assets of transport corporation – Dhasmana November 21, 2019