Shiv Sainiks protest against disinvestment of THDCIL
The Shiv Sena burnt the Union Government in effigy against the planned disinvestment of THDC India Limited. Staging a protest at Lansdowne Chowk, the Shiv Sainiks said that if the government doesn’t withdraw its decision, the party will initiatve a phased protest movement.
Shiv Sena office bearer Manoj Sarin alleged that the dictatorial attitude of the Centre is threatening the livelihoods of many in Uttarakhand and across the nation. Other leaders said that 129 villages in Tehri and Uttarkashi were submerged in construction of Tehri dam. All the issues of the thousands affected by this project have not been resolved yet. About 250 such cases are still pending in the complaint redressal cell formed by the Supreme Court.
Tuesday,03 December 2019 |PNS| Dehradun
You might also like
- Shiv Sainiks protest against disinvestment of THDCIL December 3, 2019
- Assembly session: DM orders application of Section 144 December 3, 2019
- Gairsain set to rock winter session of U’khand Vidhan Sabha December 3, 2019
- Rawat’s Gairsain protest a gimmick: BJP December 3, 2019
- Ram Barat from U’khand receives warm welcome & send off in Nepal December 3, 2019