In the SC-ST scholarship scam, deputy director of tribal welfare and former Haridwar district social welfare officer Anurag Shankhdhar was sent to 14 day judicial custody on Friday by the court.Shankhdhar is an accused in the SC-ST scholarship scam, which allegedly resulted in the embezzlement of crores of rupees released by the government for scholarships to SC-ST students.
He has also been accused of misusing his power of a government employee from the year 2012 to 2014.It is pertinent to mention here that Shankhdhar was earlier arrested by Special Investigation Team and was interrogated for about seven hours on Thursday. However, sources stated that he declined to answer most of questions.
Saturday, 18 May 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- AI crash probe on amid speculation August 9, 2020
- Not wearing mask in public- pay Rs 200 fine, receive four washable masks August 9, 2020
- CM presents Teelu Rauteli Award to 21 achievers August 9, 2020
- Highest single day spike of Covid-19 in U’khand August 9, 2020
- Salary deduction of MLAs August 9, 2020