SGRR varsity announces 10 per cent reservation for sportsmen
In an initiative to promote sports and sportspersons belonging to Uttarakhand, the management of the SGRR university has decided to reserve 10 per cent of seats for the students under sports quota.
At the same time, the students taking admissions under sports quota would be provided a discount of 10 to 50 percent in tuition fees.
The Vice Chancellor (VC) of the university, P C Dhyani said the benefit of sports quota will be available for those students who have won medals at school, block, district, state and national level. “Such students will be able to get the benefit of discount on showing the certificate issued by Principal or any other officer concerned,’’ he said.
He added that the university is preparing play ground for athletics, archery, boxing, basketball, badminton, table tennis, football, cricket, gymnastics, hockey, karate, shooting, handball, judo, taekwondo, tennis, volleyball and wrestling in campus and is also hiring coaches from National Institute of Sports, Patiala.
Saturday, 06 July 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Pirul Power- Enthusiastic response from entrepreneurs July 6, 2019
- Police prevent escalation during protests July 6, 2019
- Procession leads to traffic congestion in the city July 6, 2019
- Mango season: Male cuckoo woos female with melody July 6, 2019
- SGRR varsity announces 10 per cent reservation for sportsmen July 6, 2019