He was found positive for Covid-19 on September 1 and was taking treatment at his home.
The position holder in Uttarakhand government and senior BJP leader, Gyan Singh Negi died on Tuesday in Rishikesh. He was found positive for Covid-19 on September 1 and was taking treatment at his home. On Tuesday morning his health deteriorated following which he was rushed to Himalayan hospital, Jolly Grant. In the hospital, the doctors declared him dead. It is pertinent to mention here that Negi had suffered a brain stroke during last year’s Lok Sabha elections and since then he was confined to his home in Rishikesh.
Negi (75 years) belonged to Berni village of Tehri district. During the emergency he spent one and half years in Jail. He had held the position of state general secretary of BJP and chairman of the disciplinary committee of the party.
Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat and the BJP state leaders also expressed grief at the demise. Expressing grief over the demise of Negi , the speaker of Uttarakhand assembly Prem Chand Agarwal said that apart from being senior party leader and position holder, Negi was an educationalist who played a key role in promoting education in this area. The speaker said that the death of Negi is a personal loss for him.
Wednesday, 09 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020
- Doctors withdraw OPD boycott call September 23, 2020