Assistant engineers were appointed in the Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan through the Uttarakhand public service commission in 2011. Later, the assistant engineers presented their contribution report in the department after which the engineers who had completed seven years working as assistant engineers in 2018 were promoted to the post of executive engineer. However, there were some assistant engineers who were higher on the seniority list than those promoted but did not receive a promotion as they were one month short of completing a period of seven years as assistant engineers. For such senior assistant engineers, there is a provision for notional promotion on completion of seven years at the post, from the date their juniors were promoted to the post of executive engineer. The then potable water secretary had also issued orders to this effect. Despite this, these assistant engineers have not been granted promotions despite being senior. According to official sources, it is being stated that the promotions are not being granted as the seniority list of assistant engineers was cancelled by the court. However, those from the same and second seniority list who were promoted to the posts of executive engineer are not being reverted to the post of assistant engineer.
Friday, 05 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Moto E7 Plus with dual rear camera launched in India for Rs 9,499 September 24, 2020
- Bihar DGP quits, likely to take electoral plunge September 24, 2020
- Actor Poonam Pandey’s husband gets bail in assault case September 24, 2020
- Rohit stars in Mumbai Indians’ 49-run win over KKR September 24, 2020
- Rafale offset pact flouted: CAG September 24, 2020