Sanitation worker dies after spraying disinfectant in Manglaur
A sanitation worker under the Manglaur municipality died after reportedly falling sick while spraying disinfectant to contain the spread of Covid-19 on Thursday. His family members alleged that he had died due to the negligence of the municipality. The police reached the spot and have started investigation in the case.
The sanitation worker of the Manglaur municipality was spraying disinfectant to check the spread of Covid-19. His condition reportedly deteriorated while he was undertaking this task. He was taken to the Roorkee civil hospital where the doctors declared him dead. His family members alleged that the municipality had not provided masks and gloves, the absence of which caused his condition to deteriorate fatally while spraying the chemical. The police reached the hospital where the post mortem was also started.
Manglaur Kotwali inspector Pradeep Chauhan said that the condition of the sanitation worker had deteriorated while he was spraying the chemical. He was brought to the hospital where he died. Meanwhile, the municipality executive officer Shahid Ali said that sanitation workers had been provided masks and gloves to wear. How the sanitation worker died will be known only after the post mortem report is received, he added.
Friday, 26 June 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020