Sangats start departing from Doon, people throng Jhanda Mela
Even as people continued to throng the Jhanda Mela, groups of devotees (Sangats) began to return to their respective hometowns. After celebrating the raising of the new flag (Jhanda) at the Durbar Sahib followed by the Nagar Parikrama, the Sangats started departing on Thursday. The groups of devotees met the Mahant Devendra Das, seeking his blessing before departing from Dehradun.
A number of people from Dehradun also visited the holy place and the Jhanda Mela on Thursday. Expressing his views on the occasion, the Mahant Devendra Das said, “Sangat expressed affinity and love towards the citizens of Dehradun. Every year devotees not only from India but from all around the world reach Dehradun to attend this auspicious occasion. It is the love of the people of the city who welcome the Sangat in such a way that devotees reach Dehradun every year. I thank the people of the city as it is due to their cooperation that the event was held successfully. I also want to thank all the citizens again for welcoming the Sangats with so much love. I wish that Shri Guru Ram Rai ji blesses us all,” he added.
Friday, 29 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019