After a long wait, the process of sample testing started at the Indian Institute of Petroleum (IIP) Dehradun on Wednesday. The lab of IIP was given permission by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in the month of April. On the day the lab was jointly inaugurated by the additional secretary health, Yugal Kishore Pant and director of IIP, Anjan Roy. Speaking on the occasion, Roy said that initially 50 samples per day would be tested and soon the capacity would be increased to 100 samples per day. Pant said that the IIP lab would reduce the load on other labs of the state. The lab of the IIP is the fifth lab in the state in government sector to have the test facility of Covid-19 after Medical College Haldwani, Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) Dehradun, Medical College Haldwani, Medical College Srinagar and All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) Rishikesh.
Thursday, 04 June 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020