The Regional Science Centre (RSC) in Dehradun is becoming more popular among the general masses. In addition to becoming popular as an educational attraction, it is also becoming known among visitors to the city. Though the centre attracts a regular stream of visitors, on Tuesday about 1,100 students, teachers and other visitors arrived at the RSC. This is the highest number of visitors in a day at the RSC so far. Earlier, about 1,000 visitors had toured the centre in a day, a record which was broken on Tuesday.
The visitors viewed various features of the centre including three-dimensional film and different galleries to learn more about aspects of science. The visitors include students from government schools in the remote areas of Kalsi and Chakrata in Dehradun district, Jaunpur in Tehri district and from Haridwar district. The Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) director general Rajendra Dobhal interacted with the visiting students. He said that students from all parts of the state should visit the RSC so that they can learn intricacies and different aspects of science in an interesting manner.
Wednesday, 13 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019