In broad daylight on Monday, dacoits looted a bag full of cash from employees of a petrol pump under jurisdiction of Manglaur police station. They were going to deposit the cash in bank when four persons snatched the bag and ran away. On the basis of description given by the victims, police are trying to release sketches of the criminals.
According to the police, on Monday around 12 PM, four persons wearing helmets, came at Ajanta filling station owned by Lalit Mohan Agarwal. Since Saturday and Sunday were bank holidays, the petrol pump employees had collected all the money of the past four days and were going to deposit it in the bank. Pawan was riding the bike while another employee Amir was holding the cash bag while riding pillion. Near Asafnagar Jhal the dacoits looted the bag at gun point.
Speaking to The Pioneer, senior superintendent of police Janmejay Khanduri said, “We have formed four teams and are searching the CCTV footage for clues. The dacoits could be persons known to the employees. We are probing from all angles. The petrol pump owner has lodged a complaint of loot of an estimated Rs 33 lakh.”
You might also like
- Shah to head BJP till polls in Maha, Haryana, J’khand June 14, 2019
- Striking doctors defy Mamata’s ultimatum June 14, 2019
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019