Road safety week concludes at Sanjay Orthopaedic Spine & Maternity Centre
Guinness and Limca Book Record holder Orthopaedic surgeon Dr B K S Sanjay while addressing the closing ceremony of road safety week at Sanjay Orthopaedic Spine & Maternity Centre at Doon Vihar in Jakhan on Sunday said that the spike in the road accident deaths is a major hurdle to the development of the country. “According to WHO report, approximately five lakh road traffic accidents happen in the country every year and the number of casualties is as high 1.5 lakh,” he said.
The programme was earlier inaugurated by the state transport minister Yashpal Arya. Among the dignitaries present were the additional chief secretary Ranbir Singh, vice-chancellor of DIT University K K Raina, director of Pharmacy of DIT Satish Madhav, Sushil Singhal of GRD Collage, president awardee Gynaecologist Dr Sujata Sanja and Orthopaedic surgeon Dr Gaurav Sanjay etc.
Dr Gaurav Sanjay showed through a video presentation how accidents happen in split of seconds. He also showed how accidents might happen when one takes out mobile phone from the pocket to see the number of messages sent.
The Minister Yashpal Arya said that youths being the future of nation should not squander away their life this way.
Monday, 11 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019