Tuesday, 27 February 2018 | PNS | Dehradun-
A spike in land forgery cases being reported from various parts of Garhwal Range has left the police department worried. In Dehradun district alone, 11 persons have been arrested in five such cases in two months- January and February.
A police department report has revealed that three land forgery cases have been reported from Premnagar police station with the subsequent arrest of seven persons. Three persons have been arrested in one case of land forgery reported at Raipur police station. One was arrested in one case reported in Cantt police station.
A police officer said that most of such cases relate to the accused having sold lands on forged documents like fake voter’s identity card, fake land registry documents and the like.
It is pertinent to mention that the state government had formed SIT at Range level to solve land forgery related cases promptly and to curb the land mafias operating across the Range.
You might also like
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020
- Rawat completes 3.5 years in office September 19, 2020
- Covid-19- Highest single day recovery in U’khand September 19, 2020