A number of retired army officers and a leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party joined the Bharatiya Janata Party here on Wednesday. Announcing their full support to prime minister Narendra Modi, nine retired army officers and a BSP leader formally joined the BJP at the party’s state office in the presence of the party’s acting state president Naresh Bansal.
Major general (retd) Sammi Sabbarwal, brigadier (retd) KG Behl, colonel (retd) RK Arya, colonel (retd) BM Thapa, colonel (retd) Satish Chandra Sharma, colonel (retd) Vimal Rai Sharma, honourary captain (retd) Om Prakash Khatri, subedar major (retd) Surat Singh Negi and subedar (retd) Krishna Kumar Gurung joined the BJP while majo general (retd) OP Sabbarwal declared his support to the party. On the occasion, BSP candidate from Dehradun Cantt Assembly constituency in the 2017 election, Nupur Sharma also joined the party along with her supporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Bansal said that impressed by prime minister Narendra Modi, a large number of people across the state are joining the BJP. The general public is willingly and enthusiastically contributing in the efforts to ensure a second term for Modi as the prime minister, he added.
Thursday, 04 April 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019