Renaissance 2.0, the second national space convention of UPES concluded at the university’s Bidholi campus of the University. Earlier, addressing the gathering as the chief guest at the inaugural session, Tessy Thomas – the director general at Aeronautical Systems (DRDO) shared her experiences as the project director for Agni IV.
“Being the first woman in the country to lead a missile project in India has been a matter of great pride, achievement and satisfaction for me all along. I look forward to contributing to the development of state-of-the-art UAVs, Aero Gas Turbine Engine Technology, Airborne Surveillance Systems and others in my present role,” she shared. Her presentation on intercontinental ballistic missiles – an introduction about the ongoing ISRO projects and development of missiles along with her insights on the progress of India’s aerospace industry were appreciated by the gathering.
Saturday, 29 February 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Officials & Akhada members inspect sites for Bhoo Samadhi February 29, 2020
- Renaissance 2.0 concludes at UPES February 29, 2020
- Pioneering change February 28, 2020
- Slugfest over judge’s transfer February 28, 2020
- Violence ends, fear reigns February 28, 2020