Amid the lockdown for containing Covid-19, the UJVN Limited’s Pathri and Mohammadpur powerhouses situated on Upper Ganga Canal in District Haridwar achieved the highest ever power generation in the month of June this year.
The Managing Director (MD) of UJVN Limited Sandeep Singhal said that the Pathri power plant of the corporation generated 13.727 million units (MU) of electricity in the month of June, which is the highest ever generation of any month of this power plant. As per available records this plant had generated 13.68 MU of power in May, 2018 which was its previous highest ever generation of a month since commissioning. He added that Mohammadpur power plant generated 5.597 MU of electricity in the month of June which is the highest ever generation since the commissioning of this power plant. The earlier highest generation of this plant was 5.223 MU of electricity which was in June, 2018.
Singhal congratulated the officials and employees of UJVNL and said that despite the worldwide spread of Covid 19 the record generation is the evidence of their dedication and hard work.
Thursday, 02 July 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020