Film director and writer Karan Razdan met the chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat at his residence here on Monday. He told Rawat that he wanted to shoot the film ‘Hindutva’ in Uttarakhand. Razdan said that he wants to shoot 90 per cent of this move in the state. The shooting for this movie will be held during January-February 2021. In addition to the movie, Razdan also expressed his wish to shoot a documentary ‘Shivtantra’ in Uttarakhand.
Interacting with the director, the chief minister said that the state government has made a convenient film policy to encourage film shooting in the state. Online permission for shooting movies in the state is now granted within one day. Rawat further pointed out that the natural beauty and environment of Uttarakhand is very suitable for shooting movies. This is the reason why many film makers are getting attracted to the state. He also approved of Razdan’s wish to shoot a film in the state. Regarding the documentary ‘Shivtantra’ he said that the shooting can be done at any of the Panch Kedars. Additional secretary Neeraj Khairwal and Uttarakhand film development council nodal officer KS Chauhan were also present during the meeting of Razdan with the CM.
Tuesday, 08 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BMC action is ‘rape of my dreams, confidence, self-respect, future: Kangana September 18, 2020
- 4 Indian cities slip in Global Smart City rankings September 18, 2020
- No power can prevent Army patrols in Ladakh: Rajnath September 18, 2020
- Harsimrat quits over farm Bills September 18, 2020
- Under secretary Hari Singh dies of Covid September 18, 2020