While the Congress in Uttarakhand continues to struggle with issues including factionalism, the AICC general secretary and former Chief Minister Harish Rawat is continuing his efforts to remain politically viable. A few days ago, he gave statement on Ram Mandir stating that it would be built if the Congress comes to power at the Centre. On Sunday, he held a bhandara (community feast) in the holy city distributing free food to the public.
Ahead of the polls, former State Chief Minister and Congress leader, Harish Rawat, took blessings of Lord Shiva at Daksheshwar Mahadev temple along with his wife Renuka Rawat. After offering milk and fruits at the Shivalinga, he distributed food with his own hands to the people.
An Array of Congress leaders, including former chairman of the municipality, Satpal Brahmchari and others including Purushottam Sharma, Thakur Vikram Singh, Swami Ravindra Puri, Vimla Pandey former legislator Ambrish Kumar were present.
Speaking to The Pioneer, Harish Rawat said, “I have taken blessings from lord Shiva for the success in the Lok Sabha polls. I reiterate that BJP has deceived the people in the name of Ram temple. Only Congress will fulfill the promise of construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya,”he stressed.
Monday, 04 March 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019