Protesters booked for violating social distancing, blocking road
A large number of persons under the banner of Bhim Army blocked the main road in Laksar area of Haridwar district demanding immediate arrest of a person booked under the SC-ST Act. About 500 persons gathered in violation of social distancing and other norms on Thursday morning. Demanding immediate arrest of an accused and transfer of the Laksar police circle officer, the protesters blocked the road and submitted a memorandum to the sub divisional magistrate Puran Singh who reached the spot.
According to the information received, a few days ago there was a quarrel in the Laksar area in which a case was registered against a young man under the SC-ST Act. The police are investigating the matter but the Bhim Army activists demonstrated demanding immediate arrest of the accused.
The Laksar CO Rajan Singh said that investigation is going on in the case. The demand of the Bhim Army members to arrest the accused immediately cannot be made since an arrest can be made only after completion of investigation. He stressed that if they have any problem with him, they can approach his senior officials. The CO further informed that the Bhim Army members had also been booked for violating social distancing and blocking a public road.
Friday, 31 July 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Dia Mirza: Never procured, consumed narcotic or contraband substance September 23, 2020
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020
- Doctors withdraw OPD boycott call September 23, 2020