Sunday, 20 May 2018 | PNS | Dehradun —
Former Pro Vice Chancellor and Professor of Chemistry in the school of sciences at Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna (HNB) Garhwal Central University Uttarakhand, D S Negi has been awarded with prestigious Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), London, United Kingdom in recognition for his contribution in the field of Chemistry. Negi’s work in the area of Natural Products chemistry, its isolation and structural elucidation of bioactive natural products from medicinal plants of Himalayan region of Uttarakhand is well known. He is considered as an expert for the synthesis of complex natural products. Negi has been instrumental in development of new approach to the stereo selective total synthesis of biologically active natural products. He is the elected member of National Academy of Sciences, commonwealth and Fulbright awards and is fellow of CICOPS Italy.
Talking to The Pioneer, Negi said, “I am happy to receive this honour and feel especially proud that the citation specifically recognises the work we have been doing here at the department of Chemistry, HNB Garhwal central University.’’
The Vice Chancellor of the University, faculty members and students has expressed happiness at Negi receiving prestigious FRSC.
You might also like
- Shah to head BJP till polls in Maha, Haryana, J’khand June 14, 2019
- Striking doctors defy Mamata’s ultimatum June 14, 2019
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019