Sunday, 20 May 2018 | PNS | Dehradun —
Former Pro Vice Chancellor and Professor of Chemistry in the school of sciences at Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna (HNB) Garhwal Central University Uttarakhand, D S Negi has been awarded with prestigious Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), London, United Kingdom in recognition for his contribution in the field of Chemistry. Negi’s work in the area of Natural Products chemistry, its isolation and structural elucidation of bioactive natural products from medicinal plants of Himalayan region of Uttarakhand is well known. He is considered as an expert for the synthesis of complex natural products. Negi has been instrumental in development of new approach to the stereo selective total synthesis of biologically active natural products. He is the elected member of National Academy of Sciences, commonwealth and Fulbright awards and is fellow of CICOPS Italy.
Talking to The Pioneer, Negi said, “I am happy to receive this honour and feel especially proud that the citation specifically recognises the work we have been doing here at the department of Chemistry, HNB Garhwal central University.’’
The Vice Chancellor of the University, faculty members and students has expressed happiness at Negi receiving prestigious FRSC.
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019