At the end of his three-year deputation, the principal of Government Doon Medical College (GDMC), Dr. Pradip Bharati Gupta handed over the charge to the head of the department (HoD) of Pathology, Dr. Naveen Thapliyal on Friday. Dr. Gupta, a renowned Neuro-surgeon, would now rejoin Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial (LLRM) Medical College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. Considering his role in setting up the medical college in Dehradun, the Uttarakhand government had given him an extension of one year but his NOC from UP Government has not reached yet. He is expected to rejoin GDMC once the necessary permission from UP arrives.
In his stint, Dr. Gupta was instrumental in managing permission from the Medical Council of India (MCI) for three batches of MBBS students in the newly set up college. Prior to him, the attempts of the state medical education department to obtain nod of the MCI for a medical college in Dehradun yielded no result.
On Friday, Dr. Gupta handed over the charge to Dr. Naveen Thapliyal who happens to be the senior most faculty member.
Faculty members Dr. Rangeel Singh Raina, Dr. Desh Dipak, Dr. Chitra Joshi, Dr. Anil Joshi, and Dr. Neeraj were present on the occasion. Read more posts…
Saturday, 01 December 2018 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019