At the end of his three-year deputation, the principal of Government Doon Medical College (GDMC), Dr. Pradip Bharati Gupta handed over the charge to the head of the department (HoD) of Pathology, Dr. Naveen Thapliyal on Friday. Dr. Gupta, a renowned Neuro-surgeon, would now rejoin Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial (LLRM) Medical College, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. Considering his role in setting up the medical college in Dehradun, the Uttarakhand government had given him an extension of one year but his NOC from UP Government has not reached yet. He is expected to rejoin GDMC once the necessary permission from UP arrives.
In his stint, Dr. Gupta was instrumental in managing permission from the Medical Council of India (MCI) for three batches of MBBS students in the newly set up college. Prior to him, the attempts of the state medical education department to obtain nod of the MCI for a medical college in Dehradun yielded no result.
On Friday, Dr. Gupta handed over the charge to Dr. Naveen Thapliyal who happens to be the senior most faculty member.
Faculty members Dr. Rangeel Singh Raina, Dr. Desh Dipak, Dr. Chitra Joshi, Dr. Anil Joshi, and Dr. Neeraj were present on the occasion. Read more posts…
Saturday, 01 December 2018 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- Will trim GST for masses: PM December 19, 2018
- Won’t let Modi sleep till farm loan waived: Rahul December 19, 2018
- Cable TV to cost you more from Dec 29 December 19, 2018
- ACS appears before HC single bench December 19, 2018
- Changes in UP ZA Act against spirit of U’khand formation: Harish Rawat December 19, 2018