PRINCIPAL ACCUSED IN ROORKEE ROBBERY INJURED,CAUGHT
Saturday, 24 February 2018 | PNS | Dehradun-
A criminal-principal accused of the recent robbery in Roorkee – was injured as a bullet fired by police during an encounter pierced into his knee in the forest area near Peerbaba Colony at Gangnahar in Roorkee on Friday morning. Police recovered cash of over Rs1lakh, a pistol, cartridges and a two-wheeler from the criminal.
The criminal was identified as Varun Bisht alias Kaka, resident of Gochar in Chamoli district, said Roorkee circle officer S K Singh. He further said that the criminal was admitted at civil line hospital and later was transferred to a higher centre in Haridwar. He added that Kaka was the principal accused of the recent Rs3.5 lakh robbery case that occurred in Roorkee.
It is learnt that when a police team directed a bike- borne person going towards Manglaur to stop for checking he ignored and started firing on the police team.
Later, a larger police reinforcement came and as police opened fire he was injured in his knee. Later, some senior police officers rushed to the spot and inspected the area.
You might also like
- 8 Opp MPs suspended for Session September 22, 2020
- Covid-19 tally climbs to 41777 in U’khand September 22, 2020
- Ministers, MLAs tested for Covid-19 September 22, 2020
- Agitation of docs, nurses could derail health services September 22, 2020
- Cong supports agitating doctors & nurses September 22, 2020