Prez to preside over IIT Roorkee convocation function
Come October and the campus of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee will be buzzing with activities. During the convocation ceremony, the President of India Ram Nath Kovind will preside as chief guest. This year’s convocation will be held in three phases on the same day unlike previous years when it was stretched to two days.
The undergraduate and postgraduate students will receive their degrees in different sessions on October 4 and during the ‘Deekshant Samaroh’, the President will be giving medals to the toppers and best achievers of the institute.
To ensure that all students are able to hear the presidential speech during the convocation ceremony, the programme has been encapsulated within one day.
The first session of the convocation programme would begin at 10 AM, second session at 2.30 PM and the last session at 6.30 PM, said the dean of IIT Roorkee Academics, professor N P Pandhi.
He said that students are excited about the slated visit of the president. In the last session postgraduate students shall be given their degrees. The attire would be traditional Indian as it was in the last year’s convocation.
The males would be wearing long traditional Indian off white kurta with chudidar and females would be wearing off white saree with golden border, added the IIT dean.
Friday, 27 September 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Prez to preside over IIT Roorkee convocation function September 27, 2019
- Scholarship scam: Two institutes booked in Jaspur and Bazpur September 27, 2019
- MCD planning to organise a human chain event September 27, 2019
- Ridhima reaches Haridwar after participating in UN climate summit September 27, 2019
- RKSP to go on indefinite strike from October 15 September 27, 2019