Poor women celebrate Women’s Day at school of rag pickers
The school of rag-pickers ‘PEN-India’ organised the International Women’s Day programme in a different way. The school invited mothers of all the children and informed them about importance of education and cleanliness.
The poor women cut a cake to celebrate the day. Appreciating the school for celebrating the day, Nasreen, mother of a student, said, “ We know that the school is doing a great service by providing free education to our children. Today again, they have given us valuable lessons on importance of cleanliness and education.’’
The founder of the PEN-India Foundation Anoop Rawat said that the real development of the society is possible only through education. He said women are the fulcrum on which the entire family rotates. “ It is thus very important to educate the women about the role of education in the development of the nation,” he said. The director of the foundation, Santosh Budakoti said the main motive to celebrate the women’s day is to make them aware of their rights.
Saturday, 09 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Dept seizes truck smuggling wood March 26, 2019
- Ambrish stresses on local pick to represent Haridwar in LS March 26, 2019
- Nishank confident of BJP’s return to power March 26, 2019
- company to unplug dialysis machines March 26, 2019
- Jhanda fair and nomination rallies trigger traffic jams on roads in Doon March 26, 2019