The news of former CM ND Tiwari’s son Rohit Shekhar’s demise elicited condolence from across the political spectrum.
The chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, BJP State president Ajay Bhatt, Congress leaders including former CM Harish Rawat and others expressed grief at the demise.
The demise also caused grief in Haldwani where Rohit along with his mother Ujjwala Sharma Tiwari had come to cast his vote at Halduchaud on April 11 for the parliamentary elections.
Rohit had earlier joined the BJP in the run up to the 2017 assembly elections, hoping to contest the election but was not fielded by the party. His father had introduced him to politics in Haldwani and the father and son had visited the area extensively ahead of the last assembly elections. Since then, he had maintained his contacts in Haldwani and used to often visit this place. After his visit to Halduchaud for voting, he and his mother visited Nainital where they offered prayers at various shrines. They were to worship at the Naina Devi temple in Nainital on April 14 but due to his mother falling sick, they returned to Delhi.
While talking to journalists during his last visit to Nainital, he had expressed his wish to join the Congress and enter into active politics.
You might also like
- Politicians express grief at Rohit’s demise April 17, 2019
- Spat between BJP MLAs shows no signs of abating April 17, 2019
- Champion demeaned Gandhi: Cong April 17, 2019
- Congress meets Guv, demands scrutiny of Karnwal’s caste certificate April 17, 2019
- Ambedkar should be father of nation, not Gandhi April 17, 2019