A man was apprehended by the police for issuing a threat to a doctor here on WhatsApp. The police had received a complaint from Dr Deepak Kumar who works in the Ramkrishna Mission hospital here. The doctor had complained that he had received a message on WhatsApp from an unknown number wherein the sender had demanded Rs two lakh. The sender had threatened that the doctor would be killed if he failed to pay the amount demanded. It was later revealed that the accused was purportedly heavily drunk and had purportedly sent the threat message under the influence of liquor.
On the directions of the Haridwar senior superintendent of police, the district police used mobile surveillance to track the sender of the threat message. The sender- Akash Bhatnagar was caught by the police from his rented accommodation in the city. The accused, a native of Almora, has claimed that he had sent the message to the doctor by mistake when he was heavily drunk. The Kankhal police station in-charge, Hariom Chauhan said that the accused man claims to have sent the threat message while under the influence of liquor.
Tuesday, 26 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Police nab man for sending death threat to doctor November 26, 2019
- Impact of climate change on insect pests cause for concern- Gairola November 26, 2019
- Court passes orders, officials don’t bother to read them- HC Division bench pulls up officials for delay in implementing 2011 order for setting up abattoir November 26, 2019
- Yard remodelling to be completed within time limit November 26, 2019
- Light to moderate rain/snowfall very likely at many places November 26, 2019