In the high profile armed robbery case at the residence of EP Easwaran, owner of Abhimanyu Cricket Academy the police have short listed the vehicles that passed from Asharodi Chowk on the night of crime. According to sources, the district police have also located the vehicle which was used by the robbers and they are now attempting to arrest them.
It is pertinent to mention here that Superintendent of Police (city) Shweta Choubey earlier on Monday said that six to seven teams had been established by the police in the case and each is working on different aspects of the case. Sources have also stated that as the police were already suspicious about the way the robbery was committed without so much as fear of disclosing their identity, it is highly probable that the accused were quite familiar with the daily routine of the victim family.
It is pertinent to mention here that late night on Sunday, four armed robbers at gun point looted jewellery and cash kept inside the house. The robbers stayed inside the house for about two hours, after which they tied all five people Easwaran, his wife, two servants and one security guard and locked them inside. They also smashed the CCTV cameras and took the DVR with them.
Wednesday, 25 September 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Alert across country, lens on social media November 10, 2019
- After Guv offer, BJP to take call on formation of Maha Govt today November 10, 2019
- Ram gets back his birthplace November 10, 2019
- Verdict won’t end political discourse around Mandir November 10, 2019
- People’s response reflects unity in diversity, says PM November 10, 2019