In connection with the murder case of a 43-year-old woman from Kankhal, police have arrested the accused son-in-law of the deceased. The police said that the woman had been allegedly running a sex racket and the son-in-law had suspected that she might engage her daughter in the same. “This is why he perhaps killed her on January 20 night he killed her. He tried to confuse the police , but he finally broke down and confessed the crime,” said a police officer probing the case.
Speaking of the case to The Pioneer, SSP Janmejay Khanduri said that ever since the murder of the woman had surfaced, suspicion had been hanging over the role of her son-in-law Shankar Giri who stayed in Kharkhari. “We collected evidences and when they were presented to him he confessed having murdered his mother-in-law,” he added.
SSP further said that Shankar had married Lakshmi, the daughter of the deceased. “They were living in Kharkhari. He said while being grilled that he had heard abuses hurled on his mother-in-law which spurred him into murdering her. The accused was arrested by Haridwar police on Thursday. The investigation is on,” he added.
Friday, 25 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Shah to head BJP till polls in Maha, Haryana, J’khand June 14, 2019
- Striking doctors defy Mamata’s ultimatum June 14, 2019
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019