In connection with the murder case of a 43-year-old woman from Kankhal, police have arrested the accused son-in-law of the deceased. The police said that the woman had been allegedly running a sex racket and the son-in-law had suspected that she might engage her daughter in the same. “This is why he perhaps killed her on January 20 night he killed her. He tried to confuse the police , but he finally broke down and confessed the crime,” said a police officer probing the case.
Speaking of the case to The Pioneer, SSP Janmejay Khanduri said that ever since the murder of the woman had surfaced, suspicion had been hanging over the role of her son-in-law Shankar Giri who stayed in Kharkhari. “We collected evidences and when they were presented to him he confessed having murdered his mother-in-law,” he added.
SSP further said that Shankar had married Lakshmi, the daughter of the deceased. “They were living in Kharkhari. He said while being grilled that he had heard abuses hurled on his mother-in-law which spurred him into murdering her. The accused was arrested by Haridwar police on Thursday. The investigation is on,” he added.
Friday, 25 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019