People throng National Handloom Expo to shop on last day of year
People thronged to the National Handloom Expo on Parade Ground to spend the last day of the year in shopping.
The expo being organized by the Uttarakhand Handloom and Handicrafts Development Council (UHHDC) contains stalls selling products from Uttarakhand and various other states including Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Karnataka among others.
On Monday, a considerable number of women visited the national handloom expo and purchased items like Banarasi Saris which were quite popular. There is a wide range of Saris made from various materials with the cost ranging from Rs 1,000 a piece to Rs 30,000 a piece. The stall owners also expressed happiness at the response they had received from the public in the expo. The national handloom expo is not held in many cities so the one organized in Dehradun provides a good platform to sell quality products, opined the traders. The Mela officer KC Chamoli, Industry deputy director Mrityunjay Singh and other officials were also present at the expo on Monday. Read more posts…
You might also like
- 72 Hours…movie on the legendary solider to be released on Friday January 15, 2019
- Wanted to be a part of Simmba: Priya Prakash Varrier January 15, 2019
- The chameleon’s game January 15, 2019
- No threat to Cong-JD(S) Govt: HDK January 15, 2019
- First Shahi Snan of biggest congregation today January 15, 2019