The Uttarakhand Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) has directed Managing Director of Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited (UPCL) to provide compensation to the families of two children who got burn injuries after accidentally coming in contact with electric wires. The commission has given similar directions to district social welfare officers of Dehradun and Rudraprayag where these children reside. In a letter directed to the MD UPCL, the chairperson of the commission, Usha Negi said that compensation for physical disability and expense incurred in treatment of these children injured by the power lines of the department should be provided. She also directed that an appropriate officer should be appointed who should collect treatment related information of these children and inform the commission by January 17. Negi with other members of the commission visited these children at hospital on Saturday.
Twelve year old Anushka, a resident of Village Jakholi of Rudraprayag district suffered burn injury when while playing she came in contact with electricity lines. She at present is admitted in the burn and plastic surgery ward of the Kailash hospital, Dehradun. Similarly six year old Abhimanyu Jagwan, a resident of village Malhan, Shimla Bye Pass also suffered burn injuries after receiving an electric shock from electricity wires.
Sunday, 06 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019