The week ending August 22 witnessed the highest cases of the disease and most deaths in a week.
In a clear indication of the Covid -19 contagion becoming more widespread and fatal, the week ending August 22 which is the 23 week ever since the first case of the disease was reported in Uttarakhand on March 15, witnessed highest cases of the disease and most deaths in a week. In this week (August 16 to August 22) the state health department reported 2626 cases of the disease which breaks the highest weekly record witnessed in the 22nd week. The week ending this Sunday also saw 44 deaths which is also a record. On a positive note, the week also witnessed 2273 recoveries which is also is the highest for a week. In this week 43874 tests were conducted which is less than previous week when 44904 tests were conducted. The founder of the Social Development for Communities Foundation, Uttarakhand Anoop Nautiyal said that with more than five months of the Covid-19 in Uttarakhand, the state needs to see how to strengthen its healthcare further.
Monday, 24 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- IPL 2020: Super Victory September 20, 2020
- Amend farm Bills, BKS asks Centre September 20, 2020
- LoP Hridayesh, BJP’s Shams hospitalised after testing positive September 20, 2020
- Covid-19: Record breaking spree of contagion continues in U’khand September 20, 2020
- Prepare for increased movement in coming days: CS September 20, 2020