Operation Mukti undertaken to rehabilitate street children concluded after two months in Haridwar in the presence of directo general (law and order) Ashok Kumar. According to the police, 265 students have been rehabilitated under the operation in Haridwar. “The people were made aware to discourage begging. Voluntary organisations also assisted in the operation,” said nodal officer Abhay Singh.
Total number of 463 students were identified for rehabilitation. Seven children were identified as runaways who were involved in begging full-time. Three of them were sent to childcare home, one was sent back to his relatives while the families of the other children are being searched for. According to DG Ashok Kumar, this initiative of the police is aimed at ensuring education for street children by taking them away from begging.
Saturday, 16 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Taxi Union pays pending payment of 51 months to Railways November 16, 2019
- Operation Mukti concludes in Haridwar November 16, 2019
- Kumbh Mela works reviewed in Haridwar November 16, 2019
- SGRR univ enters MoU with Himalayan Garhwal varsity November 16, 2019
- Online Avana Prescription. Order Avana cheap November 16, 2019