ONGC decides to shift CISF fire service wing from Dehradun
The decision of ONGC corporate office to shift fire service personnel of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) from its Dehradun campus has raised eyebrows. The fire service department of CISF has remained deployed in ONGC Dehradun since 1986 and has been helping in providing fire safety measures in the head office of the public sector oil major. Apart from providing fire safety service, the personnel of the wing have also been providing services in disaster management and other emergency services.
It is learnt that some senior officers of the ONGC are planning to hand over the fire safety services to some private company and in the process, they have decided to shunt off a team of highly professional personnel of CISF.
In a recent letter to the fire safety wing of CISF, the ONGC management has appreciated the services rendered by the fire safety wing but have asked them to shift to other locations out of Dehradun since their services are more important there.
With the proposed exit of the fire safety unit comprising of 54 trained personnel from the sprawling campus, anxiety looms over the campus and the residents are apprehensive of their security now.
Saturday, 12 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019