7 new cases reported; death count goes up to 25 while 161 cases reported so far
The death toll due to Swine flu in the state is continuing to mount with nearly each passing day. On Wednesday, one more death due to H1 N1 has been reported by the state health department. A 60- year- old woman, a resident of Mussoorie (Dehradun district), has succumbed to the H1 N1 virus on the day. She had been admitted at the Mahant Indiresh Hospital with complaint of high fever and breathlessness and been later reported positive for the disease. With her death, the number of patients who have died from the disease this season so far has gone up to 25. Furthermore, the state health department has reported seven more cases of the disease on the day when the swab samples were found positive.
The chief medical officer (CMO) of Dehradun, Dr S K Gupta said that 161 patients have so far been found positive to Swine flu this season.
The CMO further said that all the medical professionals have been asked to keep track of the suspected cases of the disease and inform them to the district health department. He claimed that all the hospitals have adequate stocks of Swine flu medicines and they have been asked to set up isolation wards to treat the patients.
Thursday, 14 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019