The death toll due to Swine flu in the State has mounted up to 24 on Tuesday when the state health department reported death of a 54-year-old woman. The woman, a resident of Jaunsar area of Dehradun, had been admitted at the Mahant Indiresh Hospital with high fever and complaint of breathlessness on February 10. She had been found positive for H1 N1 when her swab sample was tested.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dehradun, Dr S K Gupta said that five new cases of the disease have surfaced on the day. He said that 154 patients have been reported positive for Swine flu in this season so far.
CMO added that all the medical professionals have been asked to keep track of the suspected cases of the disease and inform each of them to the district health department.
He added that the hospitals have adequate stocks of the medicines required to combat the disease and isolation wards have been set up in all the major hospitals.
Wednesday, 13 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019