The death toll due to Swine flu in the State has mounted up to 24 on Tuesday when the state health department reported death of a 54-year-old woman. The woman, a resident of Jaunsar area of Dehradun, had been admitted at the Mahant Indiresh Hospital with high fever and complaint of breathlessness on February 10. She had been found positive for H1 N1 when her swab sample was tested.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dehradun, Dr S K Gupta said that five new cases of the disease have surfaced on the day. He said that 154 patients have been reported positive for Swine flu in this season so far.
CMO added that all the medical professionals have been asked to keep track of the suspected cases of the disease and inform each of them to the district health department.
He added that the hospitals have adequate stocks of the medicines required to combat the disease and isolation wards have been set up in all the major hospitals.
Wednesday, 13 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019